Dear Friends in Unity:
Thank you, Rev. Steve, for the best Palm Sunday message that I have ever listened to.
I loved Rev. Steve’s question of “What would Jesus say if he could sit down and talk with us from his perspective of what Easter really means”? Here are some of the thoughts that I heard from his message and so much more: Jesus wants us this Easter to really understand what Easter means from His perspective:
1. It’s a celebration of release from all the old messages that we may still carry that are anything less than, “teach only Love for that is what you are”.
2. Easter is a sign of peace not pain, and a time to celebrate a new life.
3. Bring the crown of thorns to the alter with unconditional forgiveness along with the white lilies symbolizing innocence. They both need to be brought to the alter and celebrated. The crown of thorns celebrated and then thrown away. Metaphysically they keep us from seeing others as they truly are.
4. The Holy Spirit is so glad when we can learn from the True Easter teachings.
5. The mystical message of the crucifixion is release from all fear and then to "teach only Love for that is what you are." The crucifixion was a wholly benign extreme example of this teaching.
6. No perception other than these are in accord with Jesus’ teachings.